Thursday, May 26, 2011

39 weeks; let's get going!

39 weeks pregnant. This was my goal was to get this far and then have this baby before I hit 40 weeks. I've been practicing my HypnoBirthing and listening to my May 27th CD as much as possible. Looks like things are progressing nicely as well and my midwife is very optimistic that this baby will be here in just a few days. She doesn't think I'll make it to my next appointment on my actual estimated due date of June 2nd (next Thursday). She was right with Aydia, lets hope she's right on this one too!



The last two NSTs I've had have gone very smoothly. Both times he passed right in about the 20 minute mark. On Monday I had a few small contractions while on the monitor and he reacted beautifully to them. I started loosing my plug a bit on Sunday night and that happened only 10 hours before Aydia was born but this time it's more of a gradual loss vs a lot at once like it was with her. I did have her sweep my membranes on Monday and we did it again today as well. On Monday I was still at the 1 cm and 50% but today I'm at 2cms and 75% so I've made a bit of progress! That's where I was when I went into labor with Aydia with the exception that she was a little lower than this little guy is now. Another big difference is that I measured right at 39 weeks at this point with Aydia and I'm measuring 36 weeks today, so maybe he'll be quite a bit smaller? It could be that he's also more off to one side still as well. It's so hard to tell. Anyway, she did a sweep today and said she even felt the bag of waters bulging out a bit so we're praying that things happen soon now. I'm walking, drinking my red raspberry leaf tea, using evening primrose oil and of course I'm *supposed* to be having sex too...we'll see. ;-) Send any and all labor vibes my way please, I'm planning on having this baby by the weekend's end so we're on "Operation Get Twinkle OUT!" right now.



Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment