Thursday, June 2, 2011

Happy Due Date to me!

Well June 2nd. I didn't think I was going to see this date and still be pregnant, and neither did my midwife. Honestly though I'm kind of happy I'm still pregnant. Call it selfish but that means that I get just another few days (or hours or weeks) to him all to myself. I'm kind of sad today now that my due date is here and knowing that this journey is so close to being over already. This pregnancy just flew by and I wish I would have had more time to treasure it knowing that this is most likely (100% likely according to husband) my last pregnancy. As hard as this one was in the beginning the 2nd half of this pregnancy has been really enjoyable and I'm really going to miss feeling my little guy moving inside me. Obviously I'm excited to meet him and see what he looks like and watch him grow and develop outside of me but it's a bittersweet thing knowing that this is almost done.



Today I had my NST/40 week check up and things went perfect. He passed the NST in the minimum 20 minutes like he normally does. I'm measuring 38 weeks instead of 40, so he's likely not a BIG baby (although who really knows) and I'm making quite a bit of progress. I'm 3 cms, 75% effaced and very soft. He still hasn't dropped, which is why I'm still super comfortable at this point and not feeling like I'm ready to be done with this pregnancy yet. Because of all this I'm sooo happy that I switched to Stephanie though. With the old clinic they would have wanted me induced by today just because I hit my due date because of the label of gestational diabetes. Stupid label. I still don't think I have it. The last two mornings my fasting number, which needs to be 95 or lower, was at 83 and 82. Last night for dinner I had BBQ chicken, a big baked potato, cauliflower, and a HUGE helping of chocolate lava cake because it was my Dad's birthday. Yeah, 2 hours later I'm supposed to be 120 or lower and I expected to be over because of the cake. I was at 112. I don't have gestational diabetes and nothing anyone can say will ever convince me that I actually do have it. Oh, and I've gained a whole 5 pounds now for this whole pregnancy; most of it the past 2 weeks because of the weather getting warmer and some retention/swelling that I'm starting to have.



So I guess we'll see if I have Twinkle this weekend or if he's going to hang around for a bit longer. I'm kind of getting the feeling that I have around a week left but who knows. If I make it till Monday I have another NST and actually a growth and biophysical profile ultrasound to check on him. I'm sure everything will go smoothly with that. Hopefully though my next update will be that I had the baby! In the mean time, enjoy the latest pictures.






Photobucket


Photobucket


PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment